Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We collect CCTV footage onboard all of our vehicles.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
Why we collect personal information and what we do with it
Where we have an obligation as a provider of products and services (for the ‘performance of a contract’)
- To provide you with the product or service that you have purchased from us.
Where we have your permission (‘consent’)
- To provide you with news about exciting offers, company news, updates, or related product or service information that we think will be interesting to you. We will only contact you in the ways you have given us permission to do so. You can change your mind at any time by completing a contact form or calling 01253 473001. You can also send an email to [email protected] or write to Marketing Preferences, Blackpool Transport Services, Rigby Road, Blackpool, FY1 5DD. We also include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email we send to you where you have given us consent to do so.
Where we have a justifiable reason (‘legitimate interests’)
- To send you marketing materials where we can demonstrate a relationship with you and you have not told us that you do not want to receive these.
- To maintain our list of people who have asked not to receive direct marketing material from us.
- To help keep our website safe and secure.
- To allow our internal business processes to function- for example transacting with our partners, carrying out audits, producing management information and dealing with complaints.
- To undertake market research.
- To request feedback on our performance.
- To assist in training, quality assurance and compliance.
- To improve customer service
The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- - To personalise user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- - To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell your information to anyone and only pass it to our trusted partners and service providers who work with us to run our business. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may pass your information to:
- Service providers who work for us such as marketing agencies, marketing survey sites, our app developers or website hosts who carry out activities on our behalf such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
- Regulatory bodies, courts and law enforcement agencies.
- Our partner companies to supply products or services and where there is a complaint or query.
How long do we keep your personal information?
How long we keep your personal information depends on why we have it and what we’re doing with it.
- Information you have provided to us with ‘consent’ will be kept indefinitely until such time you request that this is deleted, or it is no longer relevant for us to contact you in such ways.
- We will keep records of any dealings you have with us in line with our Retention Policy. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that may arise.
- We will keep other personal information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Compliance with children's online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on 24 May 2018