Blackpool Transport has a rare and exciting opportunity for new Tram Driver-Conductors to join the team.
The Company’s award-winning light rail tram operation is an integral part of the future success of Blackpool and the Fylde coast. It provides an excellent transport service along the famous sea front which will connect to Blackpool North Railway Station via the new tramway extension.
- You will need to have a full car driving licence with no more than 6 points.
- Driving regularly for more than 12 months.
- Be capable of passing a PCV medical and a series of assessment tests.
- After successfully completing the testing and interview process you will commence a five-week training programme, therefore a full commitment to training is essential.
- Successful candidates will have the ability and desire to work safely, be flexible and deliver customer service excellence.
About the role:
The successful candidates will consistently deliver the highest standards of driving, providing a safe, secure and comfortable travel experience for all customers whilst showing due care and consideration for all other road users. You promote the company’s image and reputation by providing up to date information about services and facilities to customers. After training, you will deliver a service to the travelling public, working 37 hours per week, 5 days from 7.
What you will receive:
- Basic pay at £25,493 per year
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of 8 bank-holidays) rising to 33 days
- Free travel on all of our bus and tram services (with additional passes available for a few of your nearest and dearest)
- Opportunities for continued learning and development through ongoing training and exciting courses in our ‘Learning Curve’
- Enrolment into the Blackpool Transport pension scheme
- An employee care programme for help and advice when you need it
- A smart, top quality uniform
Our company values are:
Safety First- We are focused on delivering the highest standard of service for the safety of our staff and customers
People & Community Focused- We look after each other and we are invested in the people that we serve
Listen & Take Action- We listen to each other and act on opportunities to solve problems and make things better
Trustworthy & Accountable- We do what we say we will do. If we can’t we explain why and hold each other accountable in a constructive way
All One Team- We work with our colleagues and partners to deliver innovative outcomes, in the best interest of our customers.