Come and join Blackpool and the Fylde’s #1 Bus Company!
Are you ready to embark on an exciting new career journey? We're seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team as Trainee Bus Drivers! If you're passionate about providing excellent customer service, love the open road, and have always dreamed of being behind the wheel of a bus, this opportunity is for you.
Don’t worry if you have never driven anything bigger than a car, you will be paid to learn how to drive a bus by one of our highly qualified Training Team. They will teach you all you need to know on how to become a professional bus driver and customer service champion.
What we need from you
- You must be 18+ years of age (this is a legal requirement)
- Driven regularly for at least 12 months.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- A full UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
- A drive for quality customer service
- A passion for safe and courteous driving on our open roads
Blackpool Transport are a leading transport operator in the UK, operating Blackpool’s network of buses and modern light-rail trams. We are on a mission to connect people, businesses, and communities to a better future – through sustainable public transport.
We don’t sit still and our vision to be the most reliable and sustainable mode of travel on the Fylde Coast by 2025 is already coming to life. We’ll soon introduce the first ever electric bus to Blackpool and have exciting plans to redevelop our historic depot on Rigby Road.
Whilst we have ambitious commercial objectives, we’re proud to be a key part of the communities that we serve and work closely with our stakeholders, partners and customers to deliver a high-quality bus and tram service.
What we offer:
- Your basic salary is £23,000pa rising to over 27k after 12 months. (Pro Rata, working 37 hours per week on the main roster)
- Overtime is often available.
- Full positions available
- A modern and well-maintained fleet of buses
A generous benefits package includes:
- 28 days’ holiday per year rising annually to 33 days after 5 years, inclusive of 8 public holidays.
- 'Recruit a friend' scheme.
- Free travel on all our bus and tram services (with additional passes available for a few of your nearest and dearest)
- An extensive training and development programme to ensure that you are one of the best qualified drivers on our roads and can provide an amazing customer experience.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Paid PCV Medicals
- A BTS bus driver of the year scheme, with some great prizes and a chance to represent the company in the national competition.
- Enrolment into the Blackpool Transport pension scheme and access to pension advice if needed.
- Work/life assistance 24 hours a day through WeCare
- An employee care programme for help and advice when you need it.
- Exclusive Discounts
- A smart, top-quality uniform
Our company values are:
Safety First- We are focused on delivering the highest standard of service for the safety of our staff and customers
People & Community Focused- We look after each other and we are invested in the people that we serve
Listen & Take Action- We listen to each other and act on opportunities to solve problems and make things better
Trustworthy & Accountable- We do what we say we will do. If we can’t we explain why and hold each other accountable in a constructive way
All One Team- We work with our colleagues and partners to deliver innovative outcomes, in the best interest of our customers.