Ride at any point along the promenade from Starr Gate at South Shore to Red Bank Road in Bispham. You can ride as much or as little of the route as you are able.
Ride the lights is not a bike race, it's a fun and FREE bike ride open to all. A great opportunity to get out and about on your bike with both family and friends.
In order to keep safe, there are a few things to remember:
- All bikes must have a minimum of one white light at the front and one red light at the back.
- It is highly recommended that all participants should wear a cycle helmet.
- A responsible adult must accompany all children.
- Please be aware that the tramway will be operatinal throughout the ride, take special care in the area around North Pier/Metropole Hotel
- Marshalls and First Aiders will be on hand along the route.
- Bike Doctors and support vehicles will be on hand to look after breakdowns.
- The road will re-open to traffic at 10pm. Please try to plan your ride to reach your destination by this time, and be aware of traffic after this time.