Our fabulous and unique collection of heritage trams will be out and about again during 2017 giving the opportunity to sample a fabulous promenade tram ride on a prestigious Heritage Tram. As iconic a part of Blackpool as the Tower, come and relive the art deco era of the heady thirties when streamline was all the rage!
Two of our Heritage trams are usually in service and will be operating every weekend from Saturday 28th January until Sunday 5th November 2017.
We also operate daily during certain UK school holidays; 13th to 24th February, 3rd to 21st April, 22nd May to 2nd June, every day during July and August and then 16th October to 3rd November.
Boarding only at our special circular green stops at Pleasure Beach Loop, North Pier/Tower and Cabin, our tours operate between 10:00 and 17:00.
Heritage Tour Tickets
Mini Tour (Pleasure Beach - North Pier / Tower)
- Mini tour tickets are valid for one round trip between Pleasure Beach and North Pier/Tower and back. Tour journey may be broken at the other end. Certain tours operate to Cabin.
- Buy from the conductor onboard a Heritage Tram.
- Child fares valid between the ages of 5 and 15 inclusive. Under 5s go free.
Heritage Tour (Pleasure Beach - Bispham or North Pier - Fleetwood)
- 1 complete round trip.
- These tickets provide a round trip back to your boarding point from any Heritage Tour stop between Pleasure Beach and Bispham or North Pier and Fleetwood.
- Please check with your conductor to ensure the journey you are boarding returns to your departure point.
- Remember that our heritage trams only stop at our special circular green Heritage Tram Stops.
- Tickets can be purchased on board from our friendly team of conductors but please note that we only accept cash and carry limited change so the correct fare is always appreciated.
- Blackpool1 tickets and ENC passes are not valid on heritage trams.
All Day Tickets
Adult Day Ticket: £11.00
Child Day Ticket: £6.00
Family Ticket: £25.00*
- Tickets can be used on our whole network (buses and trams) as well as our Heritage trams.
- You can also purchase from our Travelshops at Market Street (Town Centre) or Rigby Road (Manchester Square).
- Family ticket is 2 adults and up to 3 children or 1 adult and up to 4 children
In addition to our usual tours along the main promenade, we also have event weekends which see six of our old trams out and about and run all the way to Bispham, Cleveleys and Fleetwood.
|15, 16 & 17 April
|29, 30 April & 1 May
||May Bank Holiday
|27, 28 & 29 May
||Spring Bank Holiday
|24 & 25 June
||Totally Models * Starr Gate Running Weekend
|15 & 16 July
||Tram Sunday Weekend
|26, 27 & 28 August
||August Bank Holiday
|23 & 24 September
||September Spectacular (132 year anniversary)
|25 & 26 November
|9, 16, & 23 December
Also don’t miss our famous Tours of the Illuminations which depart ONLY from our stop at Pleasure Beach Loop each evening at dusk from 2nd September through until 5th November 2017. Boarding ONLY at Pleasure Beach, passengers may alight on the way back at Bispham, Cabin, North Pier / Tower or Pleasure Beach.
Want more information? Visit our Heritage website for the latest events and news.
- Can we pre-book tours? - Generally no, just turn up and pay the conductor on board The only pre-bookable tours are Great British Night Out, Guided Tours and Ghost Tours
- Do you operate every day? - Promenade Tours operate most weekends & school holidays. Illumination Tours operate every evening during the Illuminations except Switch-On night. Illumination Tours start from Switch-On time until 9pm Sun-Thurs & until 10pm Fri/Sat
- Do you operate tours on Switch-On night - No, we start on Saturday 2nd September This is because the Tramway is closed at the Tower Headland for The Switch-On event
- What time is best to catch an Illumination Tour? - The first tours are always busiest and then get quieter during the evening, an hour after switch on time is best for a shorter wait! Friday/Saturday are busiest! Tours take just over an hour and operate around every 20 minutes.
- Where do we catch an Illuminations Tour? - ONLY from Pleasure Beach Heritage Stop you can alight an Illuminations tour at other Heritage Tram Stops on the return journey
- Are all trams illuminated? - We use a mix of Illuminated and Heritage trams. You get a great view of the Illuminations from the top deck of our Double Deckers!
- Can I get off and rejoin a tour (split tour)? - Daytime tours-Yes, Illumination tours-No
- Are Blackpool Transport Saver/Day/24/One tickets valid on Heritage Tram Tours - No. Heritage Day Tickets are available which also include modern tram and bus services
- Can we buy Heritage Day Tickets on all trams and buses - Yes, Heritage Day Tickets can be bought on any Blackpool Transport bus or tram service, remember and ask for HERITAGE. Heritage Day Tickets: Adult £11, Child £6, Family £25 - includes all tours/buses/trams
- Can we buy Heritage Tram Tickets online or on the Blackpool Transport App - No
- Can we pay by Debit/Credit Card – No, we only accept cash on our tours
- Are concession passes accepted on Heritage Trams - No, these are not valid for tours
- Are Heritage Day Tickets valid for 24 hours - No, only valid on the day of purchase
- Can I hire a Heritage Tram - Yes, call Emma on 01253 209521 for more details!