Skip to content


People who hold valid English National Concessionary Travel Scheme passes can travel for free on Blackpool Transport buses between 0930 and 2300 hours Monday to Friday and all day on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Holders of a Blackpool Council issued Disabled Person's NoWcard travel pass can travel for 50p on Blackpool Transport buses and trams that start before 0930 Monday to Friday unless your journey starts outside of the Blackpool boundaries in Lancashire. If this is the case, you will be charged a £1 fare for your journey before 09:30am. 

As of Monday 03 December 2018, holders of a disability NoWcard issued by Lancashire County Council or Blackburn with Darwen Council will be charged a fare of £1 per journey if travelling before 09:30am.

Holders of Older Person's NowCards will be required to pay a full fare if travelling before 0930 or after 2300.

Please make sure you hang onto your zero fare ticket that the driver gives you. From time to time you may be asked to show your ticket to one of our inspectors during your bus journey.

Blackpool Concessionary Travel Pass holders and Wyre Concessionary Travel Pass holders can also travel for free on the Blackpool Tramway from 0930 until 2300 hours Monday to Friday and all day Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Wyre Concessionary Travel Pass holders are unfortunately unable to use their pass on the Tramway after 6pm every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the illuminations (1 September - 5 November) and daily after 6pm between 27 October - 5 November.

Changes to concession cards issued by Lancashire County Council

From February 2018 Lancashire County Council are introducing a change to the NoW Card scheme.

Passes that are reported lost, stolen or held by customers who have moved to a new area will, from January, be blocked by the issuing council. This means that anybody attempting to travel using a blocked pass may be asked to pay the full fare for their journey.

If you encounter this, please contact the council who issued you with your NoW Card.

For any further advice regarding the use of concessionary passes, please contact your local council.

Concessions for companions/carers of disabled persons

Some local authorities issue passes for carers who are accompanying passengers with pronounced disabilities. These are only valid in the area of the issuing authority and are not national passes. Currently Lancashire does not issue carer’s passes and therefore we are sorry but no carer’s passes are valid on our buses or trams in any circumstances. This is not a transport operator policy but has been decided by the fundholders. Lancashire is currently working with bus operators to develop a manageable companion pass scheme. Please do not be offended if the driver or conductor refuses to give free travel to someone producing a carer’s pass as it is simply not valid in this part of England yet.



Routes & Maps

Add favourites by selecting the star on a timetable