Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our Engineering Team here at Blackpool Transport. We are a friendly, forward-thinking organisation with genuine career prospects.
Working on a fleet of some of the most high-tech buses in the UK, the successful applicant will need to complete a three-year formal apprenticeship, after which they will have gained a recognised qualification as a Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician.
Blackpool Transport has one of the most modern bus fleets in the UK, having invested heavily in new vehicles over the last four years. Plans for investment are not slowing down, with grant funding approved to allow us to begin introducing electric buses from 2023 onwards.
You will need to be qualified (or expected grades) to at least GCSE Level four or above in English, Maths and Science and you will be working towards achieving a Standard L3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Qualification.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will be expected to attend Lancaster Training Services in Heysham, to complete the “off the job” training.
What we offer:
- Starting pay of £5.77 per hour with performance based incremental pay.
- 37 hour working week (hours to be discussed at interview)
- Starter tool kit worth £500 which will become yours after successful completion of your apprenticeship.
- Free travel on all our buses and trams, as well as the same for 2 other people.
- You’ll be supported by an individual learning journey to help you develop and achieve your goals.
- You’ll be safe in the knowledge that your welfare and wellbeing are our top priority with free access to lots of support services.
- You’ll of course get the usual benefits, such as a pension scheme, discounted offers, and access to free welfare facilities
Who we are:
Blackpool Transport are a leading transport operator in the UK, operating Blackpool’s network of buses and modern light-rail trams. We are on a mission to connect people, businesses, and communities to a better future – through sustainable public transport.
We don’t sit still and our vision to be the most reliable and sustainable mode of travel on the Fylde Coast by 2025 is already coming to life. We’ll soon introduce the first ever electric bus to Blackpool and have exciting plans to redevelop our historic depot on Rigby Road.
Whilst we have ambitious commercial objectives, we’re proud to be a key part of the communities that we serve and work closely with our stakeholders, partners and customers to deliver a high quality bus and tram service.
Our company values:
Safety First - We are focused on delivering the highest standard of service for the safety of our staff and customers
People & Community Focused - We look after each other and we are invested in the people that we serve
Listen & Take Action - We listen to each other and act on opportunities to solve problems and make things better
Trustworthy & Reliable - We do what we say we will do. If we can’t we explain why and hold each other accountable in a constructive way
All One Team - We work with our colleagues and partners to deliver innovative outcomes, in the best interest of our customers
If this is something you would be interested in, let us know here!