Blackpool Transport invite you to save money, get fitter and have more time to do the fun stuff this Catch The Bus Week.
Catch the Bus Week is a nationwide campaign aimed at driving awareness of the benefits of taking the bus. This year, the campaign runs from the 4th to the 10th July and Blackpool Transport are one of many nationwide bus companies who will be taking part. Now in its third year running, we want to make this year’s campaign better than ever.
We are offering 40,000 people the chance to try the bus for the first time – a little bit cheaper. If you are lucky enough to receive one of our 50p off vouchers – simply follow the instructions on the voucher in order to obtain your discounted ticket.
Haven’t received a discount voucher? There are still plenty of reasons to try the bus for the first time or give it another go!
• It is a third less stressful to commute by bus than car and taking the bus can help achieve half the government’s recommended 30 minutes of exercise per day.
• You could burn up to 22,630 calories per year by walking to and from bus stops and your destination.
• You really are hands free by bus – Catch up online, read a book or just listen to others around you (a third of us have a listen in!)
• Congestion costs the UK economy at least £11 billion each year. If everyone switched just one car journey a month to bus that would be one billion fewer car journeys on our roads and a saving of 2 million tonnes of CO2.
• And…with our great value range of Blackpool1 tickets you can travel easily on both our bus and tram services.
Even better, for every voucher redeemed on one of our buses or trams, Blackpool Transport will donate 50p to the Guide Dogs for the Blind charity.
If you want to know more about Catch The Bus Week and some interesting facts on bus travel please see www.catchthebusweek.co.ukClick here to go back